2014 - 2015
University of Strathclyde, Centre for Lifelong Learning , United Kingdom
- Zentrum fuer Soziale Innovation
- Life Long Learning Research Institute
- Baltic Education Technology Institute BETI, Lithuania
- European Centre for Women and Technology
- University of Social Sciences
- Carry out a narrative inquiry across 12 European countries, geographically representative for different parts of Europe and different labour market and economic conditions, using semi-structured interviews with Human Resource Managers, Managing Directors or business owners in the Public, Private and SME sectors in each country – Total of 36 narratives presented in a final report.
- Research and develop a platform for older worker’s that is user friendly and provides individuals with an opportunity to digitally map their skills, experience and qualifications against the EQF. The platform will also be a portal for learning, with content populated by the partnership.
- Ensure the e-Academy has the functionality to be integrated into existing systems employers may have to better utilise the opportunity for development and adaption to employer needs.
- Creation of a ‘Matching Database’ with the dual purpose of allowing older workers to register their skills, experience and current position on mobility, with employers who are looking to overcome skills gaps within their organisation.
- Formation of a Strategic Advisory Group consisting of representatives and policy makers from Chambers of Commerce, Trade Unions, Lifelong Learning organisations and other targeted network groups to ensure effective dissemination and valorisation beyond the life-span of the project.
Publication of project findings as an academic paper in the New Technology, Work and Employment Journal to ensure a global reach of project developments and results.
- Improve the knowledge base for policy makers of attitudes to the mobility of older workers among employers in the Public, Private and SME sectors.
- Develop an e-Academy for older workers to improve engagement with ICT and benchmark and validate skills and experience against the EQF.
- Create a pan-European Strategic Advisory Group to ensure effective dissemination and valorisation of project results.